Nishma’s Birth Story: I was all cool n calm until Urine pipe/Urine catheter was inserted
Due Date 1st Sept | c- section | Delivery Date 1st Sept | Baby weight 3.38kg
On 30th Sept around 3:30 pm I couldn’t feel proper baby movements but waited till 6:30pm to go the doctor and in the meantime did meditation and other things like having sugar etc but still could not feel proper movements.
When we went to the doctor, in general sonography everything looked fine but the assistant doctor present on duty told us to go NST. The main doctor was traveling during that time.
1st NST was done around 7:30 and doctor told us there is a certain point where baby’s heartbeat is dropping and therefore told us to get another NST @9:30 post dinner as there are chances of improvement.
Post dinner NST Results were also unfavorable so night duty doctor suggested us to stay for a night under observation at the hospital and get regular heartbeat check-up via Doppler instrument which came around 140 beats/ minutes which made us sure that baby was all ok and we can wait for normal.
Before getting discharged, morning assistant doctor again suggested us to another NST which also came as before, the baby was in stress inside the womb and his heart rate was dropping.
The assistant doctor in consult with the main doctor suggested us to go for c- section. She told us that we can’t give labor inducing injection as it will stress baby more or we can wait till evening find the reason as to why baby is in stress via infant sonography and color flow study and then in the evening go for the operation which can be risky for the baby.
So without thinking twice, we said yes to C-section in the morning itself.
I was all cool n calm until the urine pipe was inserted. I suddenly started panicking n it was my husband’s voice which calmed me down and via c section, my baby came out at 1:27pm. I was least interested in knowing the gender of the baby. All I wanted to know if the baby was all ok.
By the end of the operation, my eyes were just finding my husband and my kid.
1. Don’t know how the situation would have been if main doctor would not be traveling.
2. Please do take care of your teeth, need to undergo teeth removal post 40 days as my wisdom tooth has been badly damaged.
3. There could have been many reasons why baby was in stress. Reasons were given by doctor: + full term baby and uterus could not be expanded more. + Water level was high even though baby tried to move down water would push him back, or + cord around the neck.
Thank you Tushita ma’am for your guidance and constant support. I really enjoyed my regular sessions at Rita’s Pregnancy 101.